Monday, April 18, 2016

Freshman Year of School

Before leaving home for the fall semester of 2015, I had mixed emotions and did not know what to expect at Lewis.  I didn't know how much I would miss my family, my own bed, or eating home cooked meals.  At first, it was an easy transition because of the amounts of freedom I had.  I realized I was on my own and could do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  The transition from high school classes to college courses was fairly smooth and I did really well first semester.  Being a student-athlete, I had to learn to manage my time and be responsible immediately.  This is something I struggled with in my high school years and relied on my parents majority of the time.  This year was a time of growing up and learning to handle my business like an adult.  I realize I am still very young and have so much to learn, but this was a productive year with getting acquainted to the college life as well as learning to manage my time playing volleyball here at Lewis University.

No comments:

Post a Comment