Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Synthesis Essay Outcome

Initially, I was confused on how to write a synthesis essay and had to read the directions multiple times.  Then I began to understand it was as simple as combining two outside sources with my previous knowledge of an overall idea and show how those sources changed my previous beliefs or didn't.  In my design plan, my goal was to use my personal experience and connect it somehow to an article I found about respect and how we learn it as we grow up as well as my collegiate volleyball career thus far.  I learned a new perspective on the idea of respect as well as had many beliefs that were reconfirmed.  I believe I did a sufficient job talking about how my parents helped me learn to be respectful when I grew up, and how that connects to the article I found online about parents being the key to a child's habits as they grow up.  Something I found interesting that the article talked about was how we lose track of people younger than us and how they need just as much respect as an adult gives another adult.  For example, if a parent is raising their five year old child, they should be treated with just as much respect as they would treat their friend that they go out and get drinks with.  This means don't use degrading language even if they may break something in the house or don't rinse their mouth out with soap if they make a mistake.  Treat them like adults and they are more likely to grow up to treat others in the same fashion.  Overall, I enjoyed writing this paper more than others in the past because respect is something I value in life and I believe it is the key to being successful with whatever endeavors someone may take on.  After looking at my design plan, I synthesized information to the best of my abilities as well as understood what audience I was writing to.

No comments:

Post a Comment