Tuesday, April 12, 2016

What Has Playing Collegiate Volleyball Taught Me?

Coming into college, I was never efficient with my time management.  I would show up late to class because I could or I would take my time making it to my destination when I needed to get ready faster.  Coming in to Lewis to play volleyball has taught me that being late is not something I want to get in a habit of doing.  On the team, if I were late to any team event whether it was practice, lifting, or film, there would be a punishment.  Yes, the punishments are awful but at the same time they are only preparing myself and teammates for the rest of our lives.  When I am in the work field, I am not going to have extra time to make it to an interview or be able to get to my job whenever I feel like.  I have to be mature with my time and responsible with getting to where I need to go in a timely fashion.  Volleyball has allowed me to make friendships that will last a life time.  The fact that I like my teammates and they are my best friends, makes playing volleyball here at Lewis all the more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment